As usual, I'm way behind on updating the blog. But I wanted to quickly post a few fun pictures and thoughts from the past several weeks. The most recent is the annual Christensen Halloween party that took place last night. Once again the company, costumes, and food was top-of-the-line. I only have pics of a couple costumes, but you can see the rest eventually on Jennie's blog.Sunny and Scott flex their acting muscles as Lady Goo-Goo (a baby Gaga?) and her personal bodyguard. In all honesty, I don't think this was a stretch for Scott; I'm pretty sure he wears stuff like that to bed.
Here are the party hosts in 80s-tastic glory: Magnum P.I. and his red Ferrari (yes, the mustache is real). The only tragedy here is that as hosts, they refuse to award themselves any prizes for their always-clever costumes.
Logan and Tiffany dressed to the nines as Scarecrow and Harley Quinn from Batman. Even though they were my personal favorite costumes, I had a hard time looking Logan in the eyes; it was so creepy. T made much of the costumes herself! I think they even won second place in the costume contest. Not bad for their debut appearance at the party.
Can you guess which part of this costume was homemade? Kudos to Wendy for coming up with the not-too-far-from-our-reality theme of tree-hugging. Pete gave us the prize for most creative costume, but it could have gone to any number of attendees that night.
This is a picture demonstrating how ambitious our new mother-of-two has been feeling. Yep, two years after learning the ropes from the pro (my mother), Wendy finally attempted a fresh peach pie from scratch. Ugly whipped cream (my contribution) notwithstanding, the pie turned out delicious. If this keeps up, the next post will be of me wearing brand-new fat man clothes.
On one of my first outings with Wendy nine years ago, I stopped at Wendy's house to take her to a scary movie with friends. To my surprise, Wendy popped out of the house wearing an uncharacteristic pink visor on her head. When questioned, she said it was so she could discreetly duck her head anytime she feared something scary would happen onscreen. It doesn't make sense to me, but apparently Wendy's scary-movie instincts are hereditary, as Lily here demonstrates her favorite way to watch The Incredibles. Yes, like her mom, she uses her "lovey" to cover her eyes during the tensest moments of the movie. But don't even think about suggesting she watch something less intense...like her pink-visored mother, she prefers it this way.Finally, a couple pics of our newest little angel, Audrey. At seven weeks old, she's a dream. She eats well, sleeps well (relatively), and seldom ever fusses. She's starting to smile predictably at all the right stimuli (including her affectionate older sister), and is packing on the curves in a way that would make Jabba the Hutt proud. Stay tuned for some pics from shoots with Erica and Kristen.
Last but not least, here's an early photo of Audrey with her Roe grandparents. They were up here again last weekend and Audrey immediately took to Grandpa Roe, who coddled her all throughout a lengthy family chat. She stared at him through the whole evening, and barely made a peep. (I think it must be his haircut...).
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Miscellaneous joys
Posted by Justin at 12:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Loved all the updates! Thanks for the shout out. I'm so proud of our domestic Wendy!
Love all the pictures. I love the tree hugger costume and I need to see that audrey in person!
Cute pictures and I love the tree.
Those pics of Audrey are so beautiful!! It was so good to see you guys TWICE last week. We are so lucky! We love the Allen's!! Loved the costumes too... :)
I love your costumes! They are hilarious. And I'm very impressed with the homemade pie! One day I'll learn how to make good pie.
Post a Comment