I just finished this book yesterday and I loved it! I was a little skeptical of an alien love story at first, but I'm so glad I gave it a try. I found the first couple of chapters to be a little confusing, but if you push past them it really starts to get interesting. I found myself not even realizing how many chapters I read and that my stomach was in knots from the suspense. I love books that suck me in! I don't think I like it better than Twilight, but it's definitely right up there. Any recommendations for my next book?
I love games and this is one of my new favorites. It's kind of a mix between Scrabble and Phase 10. I've only played it with Justin and I think I need some new competition...he cheats! He tried to tell me that moonray was actually a word and that rowers (my word) was not. Well...as we were cuddling up in bed that night he confessed that he pulled up Webster's Dictionary just out of curiosity. Moonray was NOT there and rowers was! He thought he was pretty funny. I quickly pushed him away.

This week Lily turned 5 months. She's started to sit up on her own, she's rolling over on one side, and she's currently fascinated with her feet. And she was a great companion on my road trip to St. George this weekend. Thanks to the Allens and Mom & Dad for a fun weekend!
Sunday, June 8, 2008
My favorite things this week
Posted by Wendy Marie at 6:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I almost bought that book on Saturday, you'll have to let me borrow it. It was so fun to see you Lily is adorable. Did Justin get that picture I sent him?
Kate: What picture?
Wendy: Glad you enjoyed the book, and thanks for posting those great pictures of Lily. And by the way, I am NOT a cheater..."moonray" is just as valid a word as "smelt."
OK... I'll try the book. Love the pics of Lily. And are we surprised that Jay cheats???
Ha! Smelt! Almost as good as " or elkes".
Very cute pictures of Lily. She is adorable. I may have to invest in the game but I think I'll pass on the alien book. I'm skeptical although I'm sure some day I will probably break down - just like I did with Twilight.
She just gets cuter by the minute
CUTE CUTE CUTE photos of Lily. Fun times. Can I ask one question?? Where do moms find time to read? I'm swimming.
my mother in law sent me the book, and i'm dying to start reading it. I just haven't had a second to sit down and i know when I start it I won't be able to put it down.
I'm looking forward to reading the book when someone is done with their copy (hint, hint).
It was so fun to be your backseat buddy on the way home from St. George. Your daughter is a charmer!!
Lily is soooo adorable! Great pictures. I am glad to hear your review of the book. I have yet to have time to read anything since I am dealing with summer and trying to keep the kids entertained. Maybe I will tackle it in the fall.
Lily is just gorgeous, Wendy--I love her! And I totally agree with you about The Host that it was kind of crazy and confusing at first but then really intense.
I've never heard of that game but I'll definitely have to look it up, because I love Phase 10 and Scrabble!
Post a Comment