CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Timpanogos Cave 2008

A week or so ago, Wendy's family came up for a visit. We got together and hiked up to Timpanogos Cave in this beautiful fall weather.

Here's the family just before we hiked up the mountain, including Sagie's boyfriend, David.

Here is one of us Allens inside the cave. Lily's little legs and feet were cold, hence the blanket.


Lily made for a lovely companion on the trail. She jabbered happily, held my hand, and...


...eventually fell asleep on the way back down.

5 comments:

Cassie said...

That's so cool of you two to do fun stuff like that with Lily. I still remember us hiking up to the cave with Dad. I think Mom must have been at girls camp or something. Anyway, we had snacks of Jolly rancher sticks... and other things I'm sure. Kind of funny to remember the candy.

Did you share the "real" ledgend of Timpanogus with the Roes?

Justin said...

That's a good point Cass. I did ask our tour guide if he'd tell the legend of the Indian girl who sacrificed herself on top of the mountain, and he wouldn't tell it. But he did say there was a printout of the story down in the giftshop. The story on the printout was a good reminder, but didn't have any of the flair or drama that I remembered from hearing the story as a child. Maybe I should rewrite it :)

l.g. mcfifi said...

I love her hoodie!

jennie said...

What is it about those darned tour guides who won't tell the legend? Is it not PC or something? Love the pics. What a cutie Lily is!

Katie said...

This reminds me of how your carried Haisel all the way down when her shoes were two sized too small. Poor girl, and poor Jay!