Lily turned one year-old yesterday, believe it or not. It's hard to believe it was a whole year ago that we were changing her first diaper, running on little/no sleep, and feeling completely overwhelmed by this tiny, perfect spirit that entered our lives. But what a year it's been!
We celebrated with a small gathering at our house with Wendy's family, Grandma Bedard, and my parents. Lily was adorable, and greeted each new gift with a resounding "WOW!"

Wendy dressed Lily to the hilt for her first birthday. Shockingly, she didn't try to yank the tutu off her body...

...although gravity did its part.

Wendy made the cupcakes in the form of a flower, complete with a licorice stem and taffy leaves.

Lily wasn't quite sure if she was really allowed to tear into the cupcake at first, but really enjoyed it once she decided she didn't care if she had permission or not.

We abandoned the tutu after the cupcakes.

Tenaya taught Lily how to play with her new toys...

...while Parker enjoyed her new gifts in his own special way.

Here's Lily with a hat that was knitted by her Eddy and Beutler cousins (thanks!).

As always, her favorite toy was Logan's "hi" (phone), which always completely fascinates her (just wait 'til she gets her hand on Kristen's iPhone).
It was so nice to have our family around to celebrate Lily's first birthday; we're so grateful she has so many people who love her. Happy Birthday, Lily Marie!
9 comments:
Happy Birthday, Lily! Where did the year go!?
Happy Birthday Lily.
Happy Birthday sweet girl! That hat cracks me up, what cute cousins she's got. And who made her darling onsie?
I can't believe she is one....my how the time flies. What a cute little girl you have. Happy Birthday Lily!!
Happy Birthday to my favorite birthday present!
time flies! i cant believe she is 1! looks like she had a great day!
Feliz Cunpleanios Lily!! you look beautiful! Congratulations!
WOW! I can't believe she's one either. I tell ya, with Kids, time flies like no other. Just wait till Lily turns 5- that's Carlaya is less than a month. I still remember her 1st diapers and being wiped out! LOL
I am so happy you guys are finally parents! let us know if you ever come to Vegas, we'd love to see you!
I love her pink tutu, what is it with those things? I go crazy for them! My little one is going to sport one on every birthday, even when she's old.
I can hardly believe she's one already. Next thing you know you'll be potty training and buying her a pack for skewl.
Love you!
Post a Comment